From the ancient Mayans to modern grandmothers equipped with state-of-the-art food processors, salsa has been a favorite among cooks and food lovers for many centuries. Unlike cooks of the past, you don't have to chop and season raw ingredients for the better part of the day to enjoy eating delicious salsa.
All you have to do is place an order with Mercado Juarez for our mild, medium or hot salsa, and we will deliver all the salsa you can eat. We recommend eating it just as it is, but if you want to put a little twist on our salsa and make it your own, we're not opposed. Following are a few ideas that will help you put your own spin on our favorite dip.
1. Let It Stew in a Pot
Our world-class salsa tastes great warmed up. You can experience this for yourself at home by slightly warming our salsa in a saucepan or microwave. For a deep, sweet and smoky flavor, cook our salsa a bit longer on low, stirring it frequently, until you achieve a pureed consistency. Cooking the salsa a bit longer will change the consistency and flavor in a subtle yet powerful way.
2. Add More Herbs to the Mix
If you like to create, use our salsa as your base and put your own twist on the dish by adding more herbs and flavors to the mix. You can add cilantro, oregano, thyme or any other traditional Mexican herbs. You can also branch out from Mexican flavors. For example, add cumin and ginger for a spicy, exotic flavor. If you like your salsa a bit on the sweeter side, add a smidgen of sugar.
3. Mix in Surprising Ingredients
Don't be afraid to experiment with surprising and unusual ingredients, such as pineapple, mangoes and tomatillos. You can also add more chilies, garlic and onion. The beauty about salsa is that there are no rules. With each ingredient you add, you change the flavor to best suit your cravings.
4. Try a New Recipe
If you only use salsa as a dip for your tortilla chips, you're missing out. There are endless ways to use salsa in the kitchen. Your imagination is the only limit. Following are a few ideas you can use for inspiration:
- Use salsa as a topper for all your favorite meats. Add our salsa to shrimp, steak and chicken. If you want to really infuse the flavor into the meat, cook it in a slow cooker and use the salsa as your wet ingredient. You can also use salsa as a condiment on your favorite sandwiches and burgers.
- Add salsa to your favorite home-cooked recipes. Classic recipes like meatloaf and beef stew can benefit from the concentrated flavor of our salsa. If any recipe needs a little zing, salsa may be the best option.
- Trade classic marinara sauce for salsa. Salsa goes great with any Italian recipe calling for the traditional sauce, including spaghetti, stuffed shells and pizza.
- Spruce up your leftovers. Leftovers can get old pretty quickly, but a tablespoon of salsa can bring any old or tiring dish instantly back to life.
Salsa is one of the most versatile condiments and sauces that you can use in the kitchen. It can be used for any meal, from breakfast to your late night snack. Adding salsa to your recipes is a quick, easy and tasteful way to take your chef skills to the next level.
If you're hungry for great-tasting salsa, then you should stock up. Contact Mercado Juarez Café today and place an order for our world-class salsa.